Getting sued for debt collection can be a stressful and overwhelming time in your life. At Warren & Migliaccio, we understand that facing a lawsuit can leave you uncertain about your future and finances. However, you have rights and options for defending yourself against a debt collection lawsuit. Our debt collection defense attorneys discuss what to know if dealing with a Persolve Legal Group lawsuit in Texas below.
What Is Persolve Legal Group LLP?
Persolve Legal Group LLP is a debt recovery services firm. The company is headquartered in Northridge, California. However, it offers debt recovery services in multiple states, including Texas.
The company works on behalf of creditors to collect delinquent or charged-off debt from consumers. It also purchases charged-off debts from creditors. Therefore, it is a debt buyer and debt collector. It collects many types of consumer debts, including credit card debt, personal loans, and auto deficiency.
Persolve Legal Group LLP is also known as Persolve Recoveries, LLC or Persolve, LLC. It uses various methods to pursue debts, including legal action. Its collection lawsuits appear to be brought by an in-house attorney named Frank Harber or Frank Hershell Harber, III. Harber is a licensed attorney in Texas.
What Happens if You Ignore Getting Sued for Debt Collection?
Our debt collection defense lawyers understand why you may consider ignoring a debt collection lawsuit. You may think it is a scam if you have never heard of Persolve. Financial stress and uncertainty may also stop you from calling a lawyer or appearing in court. However, ignoring a debt collection lawsuit will likely worsen the situation.
A few reasons why you should not ignore a debt collection lawsuit include:
- You may lose your chance to defend yourself. You must respond to a collection lawsuit to have an opportunity to defend yourself and challenge the lawsuit. By ignoring it, you let Persolve win the case. Filing a response to it can buy you time to investigate the matter and determine your best legal options to deal with it.
- You may lose the case by default. If you ignore a debt collection lawsuit, the court may enter a default judgment against you. The court will likely assume that the debt is valid and grant a judgment in favor of Persolve. Once Persolve has a default judgment, it has a legal entitlement to the money. It can use other legal means to obtain the debt, such as bank garnishment, property liens, or seizing unprotected assets.
- It may affect your credit. A judgment against you can hurt your ability to secure credit or a loan in the future. While judgments no longer appear on credit reports, they are part of public records.
How Do You Beat Persolve Recoveries in a Debt Collection Lawsuit?
Every debt collection lawsuit is different, and there is not one guaranteed strategy for success. Your potential legal options will depend on the unique circumstances surrounding your case.
By using the following strategies and working with an experienced debt defense attorney, you can increase your chances of beating Persolve Recoveries in a debt collection lawsuit:
- Respond to the lawsuit. The first step in protecting yourself from a default judgment is filing a formal response or Answer to Persolve’s lawsuit. In your response, you should confirm or deny Persolve’s claims against you, assert your legal defenses, and challenge the debt.
- Challenge the debt. It is Persolve Legal Group’s burden to prove its case. You should demand that it provides proof of the original debt. The court may dismiss the case if the debt collector cannot provide sufficient evidence that you owe the debt.
- Assert your legal defenses. There are several legal defenses that you can use to challenge a debt collection lawsuit. Common defenses may include an expired statute of limitations, mistaken identity, or incorrect debt amount. Another defense is lack of assignment, meaning the debt buyer does not have enough evidence to prove it owns the debt. However, the right defense strategy for you will depend on your specific situation.
We recommend discussing your situation with a North Texas debt collection attorney from our firm. Our firm serves clients across Texas and has offices in Dallas and Richardson. We are happy to help you understand your best options for resolving a Persolve lawsuit. Contact us online to schedule a consultation.
Do I Need a Debt Collection Defense Attorney on My Side?
You should consider consulting with and working with an attorney if facing a Persolve Legal Group lawsuit for several reasons. A few of these reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding your rights and legal options. An attorney with significant experience in debt collection defense can help you understand your options under the law. A lawyer can explain the legal process and advise you on the best course of action based on your circumstances and Persolve’s case against you.
- Responding to the lawsuit. An attorney can help you draft and file a response to the lawsuit within the required timeframe. Filing an Answer is essential to avoid a default judgment.
- Building a solid legal strategy. A lawyer can investigate the strengths and weaknesses of Persolve’s claims. Then, your attorney can use the findings to devise a strong legal strategy that aligns with your best interests.
- Reaching a favorable case resolution. An experienced attorney will defend your best interests and help you gain a resolution that works for you. Depending on your situation, you may be able to get your case dismissed or fight it in court. You may also be able to negotiate a fair settlement or explore bankruptcy as an option for alternative debt resolution.
Working with an attorney who focuses on debt collection defense can give you the knowledge, guidance, and advocacy you need to defend yourself effectively against a debt collection lawsuit. Your attorney can help you navigate the legal system and work towards a favorable outcome for your case.
Discuss Your Situation With Our North Texas Debt Collection Defense Lawyers
Are you facing a Persolve Legal Group lawsuit? If so, it is essential to act quickly. Consider seeking help from an experienced debt collection defense attorney. At Warren & Migliaccio, we can answer your questions and help you understand your legal options. We can develop a strategy for defending you against the lawsuit and help you resolve your case.
We serve clients across Texas and have extensive experience handling debt collection defense cases. During a no-obligation consultation, we are happy to review your case and determine how we can help you. Call one of our offices in Dallas and Richardson, or contact us online, and we will contact you soon.