Facing a lawsuit can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, especially when being sued by a company like Republic Finance, LLC for debt. If you find yourself in this situation, you have legal rights and options to defend yourself. Below, our North Texas debt collection defense attorneys discuss what you can do if Republic Finance is suing you for debt collection.
What Is Republic Finance, LLC?
Republic Finance, LLC is a consumer loan company. According to its website, the company provides various personal loan options of up to $25,000. These loans generally come with 12 to 60-month installment terms and high annual percentage rates (APR) of up to 36 percent.
Is Republic Finance a Legitimate Company?
Republic Finance is a legitimate limited liability company that was established in 1952. The company is headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and offers legally binding consumer loans. Additionally, it operates more than 250 branch locations across the United States, including Texas.
Does Republic Finance Take You to Court for an Unpaid Loan?
Yes, Republic Finance may take legal action against individuals who have defaulted on their loans if other collection tactics have failed. Generally, default means the failure to make a payment on time. If Republic Finance sues you, it is claiming you have breached your contract to pay your loan, and you owe it money.
Republic Finance often hires debt collection law firms to handle its collection lawsuits. For example, it frequently works with Noack Law Firm, PLLC, based in San Antonio, Texas, for its Texas cases. However, Republic Finance also has in-house attorneys to bring lawsuits against consumers.
What Happens When a Loan Company Like Republic Finance Sues You?
If Republic Finance files a lawsuit against you, you should receive a formal notice called a summons. A summons is an official legal document that informs you that Republic Finance is suing you. It is accompanied by a complaint. The complaint outlines the details of the lawsuit, like Republic Finance’s allegations against you and how much it claims you owe it.
Once you receive the summons and complaint, you have limited time to file a formal response with the court handling the case. Typically, you have up to 20 days, but it could be shorter. The notice should include the court deadline.
Responding to the lawsuit is necessary to defend and protect yourself from a default judgment, which would likely occur if you ignored the lawsuit. A default judgment would mean the court would rule in Republic Finance’s favor without your input. Then, it could use legal means to collect the money it claims you owe.
Our North Texas debt collection defense attorneys have compiled a guide for responding to a court summons. However, any mistakes could hurt your case and result in a judgment against you.
We recommend working with an experienced attorney from our firm to draft and file it. We can protect your rights and help you develop a defense strategy that aligns with your objectives to resolve the case.
Can Republic Finance Garnish Your Wages in Texas?
Republic Finance cannot garnish your wages if it gets a judgment against you. However, it may be able to collect from you in other ways, including:
- Freezing and garnishing bank accounts
- Placing a lien on your property
- Seizing property
- Obtaining Judgment in another state outside of Texas and domesticating Judgment in Texas.
How Warren & Migliaccio Can Help if Facing a Republic Finance Lawsuit
At Warren & Migliaccio, we have extensive experience helping individuals throughout Texas with debt collection defense. We know you are going through a difficult time and are here to help you reach a resolution and move forward.
Here are a few ways that a debt collection defense attorney from our firm can help you with your case:
- Understanding your legal rights. Our debt collection defense attorney can review Republic Finance’s allegations against you, answer your questions, and help you understand your rights and legal options under the law.
- Filing a response to the Republic Finance lawsuit. We can protect you from a default judgment by drafting and filing a formal response to the lawsuit. We can also put pressure on Republic Finance by demanding debt validation.
- Developing a legal strategy for your defense. Based on your situation and the strength and weaknesses of the case against you, we can advise you on the best way forward.
- Negotiating with Republic Finance. We may be able to negotiate a settlement with Republic Finance outside of court. We fight for a settlement amount and payment schedule that works for you.
- Representing you in court. We can defend you and fight for your interests if your case goes to court. We help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes for their cases.
- Exploring alternative options. You may be eligible for bankruptcy if the debt is too much to handle. We can help you explore bankruptcy as an option to discharge debts and protect your financial future.
A debt collection lawsuit can have long-term financial consequences. A debt collection defense attorney can help you protect your financial future by fighting for your best interests and working to dismiss or minimize the impact of the lawsuit.
If Republic Finance or any other creditor is suing you, consider discussing your situation with an experienced attorney from our firm. Though it is not required to have one, an attorney can help you navigate the legal process and increase your chances of reaching a favorable case outcome.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Debt Collection Defense Attorneys to Discuss Your Situation
If Republic Finance, LLC is suing you for debt collection, consider reaching out to Warren & Migliaccio. You likely have more legal options than you think to resolve the case. However, you must act quickly to protect yourself from a default judgment.
Our attorneys have a long history of success defending Texans from creditors and debt collectors. With offices in Dallas and Richardson, we represent individuals throughout the state. We are happy to review the claims against you and discuss your legal options to move forward.
Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation and take the first step toward resolving your debt collection issue. You can fill out our online contact form or call one of our offices to request your consultation.