No one likes paying taxes. But as unpleasant as it is to write a check to Uncle Sam, failing to pay what you owe the federal government can turn your life upside-down. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has a powerful arsenal of weapons to collect tax debt, and if it aims any of those weapons at you, be prepared for a financial, practical, and emotional nightmare.
As powerful and relentless as the IRS can be when enforcing tax obligations, there is hope if they pursue you for unpaid tax obligations. At Warren & Migliaccio, L.L.P., we have extensive experience helping North Texas individuals and families get out from under the oppressive burden of tax debt. We provide sound guidance and offer an array of options for resolving issues with the IRS. Working closely with you to understand your particular issues and concerns, we can craft a strategy best suited to your circumstances and put you on a path to a life free from the overwhelming stress caused by unpaid tax debt.
Get Help Now
What Can the IRS Do to You?
If the IRS finds that you haven’t paid your taxes, they will try to collect that debt in ways that can wreak havoc on your finances, your employment, and your way of life. The law allows the IRS to take actions against you that other creditors can’t, making tax debt an extraordinary threat to your future.
Some of the actions the IRS can take to collect unpaid taxes include:
- Filing a tax lien against you.
- Applying a tax levy directly to your bank or brokerage accounts.
- Applying a levy and seizing your IRA, pension, or life insurance policies.
- Applying a levy and seizing any accounts receivable of your business.
- Applying a tax levy on your paycheck, forcing your employer to send most of your salary or wages directly to the IRS.
- Hiring a private debt collector to collect the amounts owed.
- Seizing your state income tax refund.
- Seizing and selling your car.
- Seizing and selling your home.
- Criminally prosecuting you.
- Imposing severe penalties of up to 25 percent of the amount owed.
- Charging you interest every single day on the amounts owed.
How We Can Help You Get Out From Under Your Tax Debt
No matter the nature or extent of your tax debt, and regardless of why and how you fell behind in your tax obligations, the attorneys at Warren & Migliaccio can help. We are committed to the well-being of our clients and will provide you with the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have experienced lawyers who have your back.
Using our years of experience and insight, we can reach the most favorable resolutions possible, including:
- Making an Offer in Compromise to reduce your tax obligation.
- Negotiating a lower tax due to IRS errors in a prior tax audit.
- Getting a short-term deferral of your tax debt.
- Negotiating an installment payment plan so you can pay your debt over an extended period.
- Obtaining releases of IRS tax levies.
- Availing you of the protections provided by bankruptcy, if appropriate.
Call Warren & Migliaccio Today to Resolve Your IRS Tax Debt
If you owe back taxes, the worst thing you can do is nothing. The longer you wait to address the issue, the harder it will be to resolve. At Warren & Migliaccio, our goal is to protect you and your family so that you can move forward with your life without the anxiety and burden of tax debt. We’ll guide you through the legal process so you can make informed decisions and choose the best course of action. Please call (888) 584-9614 today to arrange for your free initial consultation. We’re here to help.