Social media is a great way to communicate and stay in touch with others. But it can also serve as a source of encouragement and support when you are going through a divorce in Dallas.
However, you should be cautious when using social media during a divorce. Your ex’s attorney may look for things that could be used against you.
The following are 10 tips for using social media during a divorce case:
- temporarily deactivate your accounts or at least limit time spent on them;
- change your privacy settings so that only family and friends can see what is posted;
- always assume your ex can see or read what you post no matter your settings;
- do not say negative things about the other parent, especially if your children can see what you post;
- go through your pictures/videos and delete any that could be used against you;
- think before you post a tweet/status update or comment on others;
- be careful of any photos or posts that others tag you in;
- make sure your children have appropriate privacy settings on their social media accounts;
- talk to your child about what they post so nothing can be used against you; and
- never use social media as a way to vent.
Taking precautions and being smart about your use of social media can prevent further problems down the road.
Contacting a Dallas Divorce Attorney
The attorneys at Warren & Migliaccio have years of experience, and we’ll use that training to provide you peace of mind for the future, whatever the circumstances of your divorce or family law situation. From the initial consultation until the day your divorce is finalized, our Texas divorce attorney team at Warren & Migliaccio is here to advocate on your behalf and that of your children. Contact our Dallas law firm today at 1-888-584-9614.
Leave a Reply