Child custody cases can stir up a lot of feelings, like anger or frustration. But keeping these at bay is important if you hope to build a strong case. Of course, there are other important things to remember when organizing and building your case.
The following are six tips for building a strong child custody case:
- play up your positives as a parent instead of focusing on the other parent’s negatives;
- be ready to explain the role you play in your child’s life (time you spend together, emotional and spiritual support, etc.);
- learn ahead of time the child custody laws of your state;
- avoid anything that could be used against you (such as people you spend time with, places you visit, etc.);
- gather information and facts about your spouse that could be used in your favor; and
- always consider your child’s best interests.
Seeking Help from a Child Custody Law Firm in Texas
Of course, seeking legal advice from the beginning can help you build a good foundation for your case. Contact a divorce lawyer at Warren & Migliaccio at 888-584-9614. But even before you meet with one of our attorneys, you can gain some helpful tips and information by ordering our FREE divorce book.