When you are facing a child custody battle in Dallas, there are right and wrong ways to handle it. But it’s important to remember that in the end, the best interests of your child should be at the top of your mind.
The following are 5 ways to handle a child custody battle:
- no matter the outcome, be the bigger person and accept it graciously, i.e. if you win, don’t shut out the other parent, and if you lose, don’t seek revenge;
- don’t put your child through further pain by battling over them and making them feel they are at fault
- be prepared for numerous challenges if seeking a change in child custody, as these aren’t often granted;
- put yourself aside and always keep in mind what is best for your child, which may mean not having them uprooted from what they are most familiar with; and
- don’t assume that the mother will automatically be granted custody, as this isn’t as common as it used to be and courts will consider what is fair and best for the child.
There is no doubt that emotions will be involved when you are going through a child custody case. However, you must do everything you can to make the situation as peaceful as possible.
Contacting a Dallas Divorce Attorney
The attorneys at Warren & Migliaccio have years of experience, and we’ll use that training to provide you peace of mind for the future, whatever the circumstances of your divorce or family law situation. From the initial consultation until the day your divorce is finalized, our Texas divorce attorney team at Warren & Migliaccio is here to advocate on your behalf and that of your children. Contact our Dallas law firm today at 1-888-584-9614.