Ending your marriage not only affects the husband and wife, but also the entire family. If you are going through a divorce, child support and custody issues can take their toll on your kids. If you are struggling to obtain child support in Dallas, there are Texas child support lawyers who can help. There are also things you can do to help ease your children through the process of divorce and child support in Texas.
5 Tips for Helping Your Child through a Divorce
- Be honest – Don’t lie to your children about what is going on. They are very perceptive and will be hurt even more if they figure out a parent is not telling the truth.
- Reiterate that this is not their fault – Make sure your children know that they are not responsible for this breakup and that both parents love them very much.
- Listen – Take time to listen to any thoughts and feelings your children experience. Everyone needs a sounding board in stressful times, even kids.
- Keep busy – Take extra time for fun activities like reading books or going to the movies. These are good ways for your child to think about something else besides the divorce.
- Play fair – Don’t say bad things about each other in front of the children. This will only add to their feelings of confusion.
If you need assistance obtaining or resolving child support in Dallas, a family law lawyer with experience dealing with child support in Texas can help.
Contacting Texas Child Support Attorneys
The attorneys at Warren & Migliaccio have years of experience, and we’ll use that training to provide you peace of mind for the future, whatever the circumstances for your divorce or family law situation. From the initial consultation until the day your divorce and child support is finalized, our Texas family lawyer team at Warren & Migliaccio is here to advocate on behalf of you and your children. Contact our Dallas law firm today at 1-888-584-9614.