Your mother was right; first impressions do matter. If you are going through a difficult divorce and looking to hire a Dallas child custody attorney, your first impression of the attorney may be from his or her website. An attorney’s website can tell you a lot about the attorney’s abilities and character if you know what to look for.
Many people who file for a divorce are not familiar with the legal system. An attorney’s website can be a valuable source of information. By noting what information the attorney has decided to share with his or her online viewers, you can assess the attorney’s knowledge and expertise. To see how an attorney’s online presence can be useful in deciding whether to hire an attorney, go to the website and ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the website well organized and easy to navigate?
- Is there an attorney profile, which can be used to determine the qualifications, experience, and values of the attorney?
- Are there current news items that show that the lawyer keeps up-to-date with recent changes in the law?
- Does the website contain articles that highlight certain law topics that are thorough and informative and are written in a style that is clear and understandable?
- Are there testimonials or other endorsement from clients that give you insight into the attorney’s abilities, commitment, and determination?
Exploring an attorney’s website is one of the early steps in properly vetting a law firm to handle your child custody case. The next step is to meet with the attorney in person with a set of specific questions to ask about their qualifications and perspectives on your case.
Contact a Dallas Child Custody Lawyer
The lawyers at Warren & Migliaccio invite you to visit our website to get to know our law firm better and how we can be of service to you. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a free and confidential consultation, call us today at 888-584-9614.
Leave a Reply