5 Things You Should Do Before Filing Bankruptcy in Dallas
Bankruptcy might be the best thing you can do for your current financial situation. However, you don’t want to jump into it too quickly without some planning. Being prepared ahead of time can make the process go smoother.
The following are 5 things you should do before you file for bankruptcy in Texas:
- seek credit counseling,which may be a requirement before you file and could lead to delays if you wait too long to do so;
- have a good understanding of what led to your financial difficulties (know your income, debts, expenses) and put in place a plan to avoid this from happening again;
- let all of your creditors and debt collectors know that you have filed, which stops them from continuing to try to collect the debt you owe;
- make sure you have an accurate list of the creditors that you owe, which can be obtained through a credit report; and
- hire a Dallas attorney who practices exclusively in bankruptcy law.
Bankruptcy laws can be very complex and sometimes change. This is why the best thing you can do before you decide to file is seek legal counsel from a qualified Dallas bankruptcy attorney. An attorney can help you decide if this is the right option for you.
Contacting a Dallas Bankruptcy Attorney
At Warren & Migliaccio, our goal is to protect you and your family so that you can take the necessary steps to proactively plan for your future. When financial circumstances outside of your control threaten your well-being, take control of your situation by contacting our Dallas law firm. We’ll guide you through the legal process so you can make informed decisions and choose the best course of action. If a personalized, teamwork-driven approach sounds like what you need for your case, call 1-888-584-9614 today. We’re here to help.