After reviewing your financial situation, you have determined that the best option is to file for bankruptcy. Your next step is to hire an attorney.
It’s important to choose the right lawyer because it can impact the success and outcome of your bankruptcy significantly. Failing to hire someone who handles bankruptcy cases could jeopardize your assets.
The following are 5 things to look for in a bankruptcy lawyer, who should:
- specialize in or regularly practice in bankruptcy (one who understands the laws);
- have experience handling both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies (knows which one is best for you);
- have reasonable legal fees that are outlined from the start so there are no surprises;
- know rules and regulations for local district courts; and
- be prompt in returning phone calls, emails, and responding to your questions.
Contacting a Texas Bankruptcy Lawyer
There is a great deal of paperwork involved in bankruptcy. It can become very confusing and overwhelming, so you need assurance that you have strong legal representation.
For help with your bankruptcy, contact a lawyer at Warren & Migliaccio. We also offer a FREE bankruptcy guide that can help you prepare. Call us today at 1-888-584-9614.