If Javitch Block, LLC is suing you for debt collection, it is normal to feel overwhelmed and uncertain about the next steps. You may wonder, “Javitch Block, LLC is suing me for debt collection, and I have never heard of it. Who is it, and what do I do?” Fortunately, you may have more options than you think to resolve the lawsuit and put it behind you. Below, our Texas debt collection defense attorneys discuss Javitch Block, LLC, and what to do if facing a Javitch Block lawsuit in Texas.
Who Is Javitch Block, LLC?
Javitch Block, LLC is a law firm that focuses half of its practice on creditor representation and debt collection. The firm represents various creditors and debt collectors in pursuing collection and litigation against consumers. It may initiate lawsuits against consumers who have allegedly not repaid their debts to recover debts on behalf of its clients.
The law firm is headquartered in Ohio. However, it also has a presence in Texas, with an office in Richardson.
Is Javitch Block a Debt Collector?
Yes, Javitch Block is a debt collector. However, it is important to understand its role in the debt collection process. Javitch Block, LLC does not directly own the debts it pursues. It is, in fact, a law firm.
The firm legally represents creditors and debt collection companies. It has been hired to collect the alleged debts on behalf of its clients.
Why Is Javitch Block, LLC Suing Me?
If Javitch Block, LLC is suing you, it is because it represents a creditor or debt collector who claims that you owe it money. According to Javitch Block, LLC’s website, it handles all types of debt recovery. For example, the debt could be for a defaulted credit card account or personal loan account. The lawsuit is its client’s way of trying to collect this debt.
What Creditors and Debt Collectors Does Javitch Block, LLC Represent?
Javitch Block, LLC represents a wide variety of creditors and debt collectors. It acts on behalf of these companies to recover defaulted debts.
Our team has put together guides for many of the clients that Javitch Block, LLC represents. You can learn more about each creditor or debt collector by clicking the links below. Javitch Block often represents the following companies:
- American Express Company
- Bank of America, N.A.
- Cavalry SPV I, LLC
- Citibank, N.A.
- CKS Prime Investments, LLC
- Conn Appliances, Inc.
- Credit Acceptance Corporation
- First National Bank of Omaha
- First Portfolio Ventures II, LLC
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- LVNV Funding, LLC
- Synchrony Bank
- TD Bank, USA, N.A.
- Velocity Investments, LLC
- Westlake Financial Services
What Do I Do if Javitch Block Sues Me?
It is essential to understand that being sued for debt collection does not automatically mean that you owe the claimed amount. The burden of proof lies with the party suing you. Not only does the firm have to prove that the debt amount is correct and that you owe it, but it also must prove that its client owns the debt and has the right to collect.
Once you receive the lawsuit notice, you have as little as 14 days to file a formal Answer (or response) with the appropriate court. You must respond to the lawsuit to avoid a default judgment. A default judgment may occur if you ignore the lawsuit. The court will likely rule in favor of Javitch Block’s client if you ignore the lawsuit or fail to appear in court.
You can see our guide about how to respond to a debt collection lawsuit here. However, we recommend working with an experienced attorney who can ensure you appropriately draft and file your Answer. Any mistakes could harm your defense and result in losing the case.
How Warren & Migliaccio Helps With Debt Collection Defense
Javitch Block is trusted by some of the largest creditors and debt collection companies in the United States to handle its collection cases. It runs a successful debt recovery business. Having someone on your side with just as much experience handling debt defense cases can give you peace of mind and help you reach a favorable outcome.
At Warren & Migliaccio, we have extensive experience and success defending Texans against creditors and debt collectors. We are dedicated to helping our clients resolve debt collection lawsuits. Here are some of the ways our debt collection defense lawyers can assist you:
- Review the claims against you. We can start by thoroughly reviewing the details of your case, including the documents you have received from Javitch Block, LLC. We can identify any possible inaccuracies, violations of your rights, or defenses you may have. We will also demand proof of debt validation from Javitch Block.
- File your Answer. We can prepare and file your formal response with the court handling your case. Filing it ensures the case does not result in a default judgment against you.
- Challenge the lawsuit. If we find weaknesses in Javitch Block’s claims, we can request a case dismissal or challenge the lawsuit on your behalf.
- Negotiate a settlement. If Javitch Block has a strong case against you, we may recommend negotiating a settlement outside of court. We can negotiate to reduce the debt and arrange a payment plan that works for you.
- Guidance on alternative solutions. We understand that depending on your financial situation, the debt may be too much to handle. If this is the case, we can discuss whether bankruptcy may be viable for you to discharge debts and start fresh.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Texas Debt Collection Defense Attorneys
Do not let a lawsuit from Javitch Block, LLC overwhelm you. We understand the stress you may be facing, but you often have more options than you think to put this lawsuit behind you.
If you are facing a debt collection lawsuit in Texas, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with our team. We can discuss your situation, your legal options, and how we can help you navigate and resolve the lawsuit. Call our office at 888-584-9614, or contact us online, and we will contact you soon.